Restorative Dentistry in Seattle, WA
Cosmetic and Restorative Dentistry from Theron Baker DDS
Theron Baker DDS has provided outstanding dental care for over 12 years to patients in Seattle, WA. Restorative dentistry is one of our specialties. We know how to choose the right procedures and treatments for our patients. We operate compassionately and professionally. Our dentists have years of experience making dental implants and dentures and installing dental bridges. We pride ourselves on our ability to create dazzling smiles.
Restorative Dentistry: Outstanding Dental Implants
Dental implants are like artificial tooth roots that we insert into your gum line. Once we place the implant, we add an abutment and artificial tooth. The result is an immensely strong and natural-looking replacement for missing teeth. The advantages of opting for dental implants include:
- Durability: They will last a lifetime with good care. Treat them like you would treat your other teeth by brushing and flossing regularly. As long as you practice sound oral hygiene, you will never have to worry about them failing.
- Appearance: Dental implants look and feel like your natural teeth, and because they are fused to your jawbone, they are permanent. Plus, they address a very real concern many people with gaps in their smile have: how they appear to others.
- Improved Oral Health: Dental implants do not require us to reduce other teeth. As a result, they are entirely positive additions to your mouth. More importantly, dental implants provide stability and reinforce your jawbone, which prevents your other teeth from shifting.
- Easier Eating: If you have missing teeth, you might find yourself missing certain foods, such as hard candies or corn-on-the-cob.Did you know an implant has the same bite force and durability as a natural tooth?
Dental Bridges for A Better Appearance and Improved Health
A dental bridge is two or more crowns placed on teeth on either side of a gap. They are called abutment teeth, and we place a false tooth between the crowns. These false teeth can be made from gold, alloys, porcelain, or a combination of these metals. Usually, dental bridges are supported by natural teeth or implants. They offer a wealth of benefits, including restoring a smile, improving chewing abilities, maintaining the shape of your face, replacing missing teeth, and preventing teeth from drifting out of position. There are three types of bridges:
- Traditional Bridges: This type of bridge involves creating a crown for the tooth or implant on either side of the missing teeth and a pontic in between. Traditional bridges are the most common kind of bridge and usually feature porcelain fused to metal or ceramics.
- Cantilever Bridges: These bridges occur when there are adjacent teeth on only one side of the missing tooth or teeth. It is not common or recommended on the back of the mouth because it can place too much force on the other teeth.
- Maryland Bonded Bridges: Also called resin-bonded bridges, this type is made from porcelain or porcelain fused to metal. They have wings on either side of the bridge, which we bond to the existing teeth for stability.
Complete and Partial Dentures
Dentures are removable false teeth. They enable patients to replace several teeth without the protracted and costly process of getting dental implants. There are two common types of dentures. Read below to learn more:
- Complete Dentures: Complete conventional dentures are made after all the teeth are removed, and the gum tissue has begun to heal. Usually, this process begins roughly eight to 12 weeks after the initial tooth extraction. On the other hand, with immediate dentures, we can make them in advance and position them as soon as your teeth are removed.
- Partial Dentures: A partial denture or bridge usually consists of replacement teeth attached to a pink or gum-colored plastic. Sometimes we connect the base to a metal framework that provides greater stability. Partial dentures are used when one or more teeth exist in the upper or lower jaw. In this case, we do not have to extract teeth or fabricate a complete denture.
Contact Theron Baker DDS Today
If you have discolored, misshapen, cracked, chipped, or missing teeth, then our restorative dentistry is perfect for you. We care about your oral hygiene. Contact us today.
What Sets Us Apart
- Only Blocks Away from Amazon
- Free Teeth Whitening for New Patients
- Same-Day CEREC Dental Crowns
- Invisalign Provider
- Seattle Met Top Dentist for 9 Years
- Free Invisalign Consultations
- Friendly, Relaxing Atmosphere for All Ages
- Technologically Advanced Dental Care
- Blankets & Pillows Provided During Treatment
- Most Comfortable & Efficient Dental Treatments
- Validated Parking at Pacific Place
- Botox® Cosmetic Injections