Dr. Dexter Barnes, DDS
Over 30 Years as a Trusted Seattle Dentist
“I love being a dentist. From the momen at I decided that dentistry was my calling back in high school, I never changed my mind and never had a moment of regret about my decision.
The driving vision for my entire career has been very simple: offer excellent care while making every dental visit a positive experience and do whatever I can to have a positive effect on the dental profession as a whole. These goals are still the basis for everything we do here at Dr. Theron Baker / Seattle Dental Associates. I look forward to sharing a positive dental experience with you and your family.”
Dr. Dexter Barnes, DDS
Education & Experience
My entire education was received at the University of Washington, earning my Bachelor of Science degree in Zoology and completing my Doctorate of Dental Surgery.
Associations & Affiliations
In addition to continually updating my education. I am also an active member of several professional organizations which allow several educational opportunities throughout the year.
- American Dental Association
- Washington State Dental Association
- Seattle King County Dental Society
- International College of Dentists
- American College of Dentists
- University of Washington Alumni Association
- Pierre Fauchard Academy
- L.D. Pankey Institute Alumni
In the Community
Being an active member of the community, both professionally and personally, has always been one of my top priorities. I am an Executive Board Member of the University of Washington Dental Alumni Association where I also served as the Dean Jones Lecture Chairman for 32 years and as President. In 2014, I was elected President of the International College of Dentists and am now Regent of the International College of Dentists, supervising the five northwestern states and serving on the Foundation Board.
I am also a Board Member and Managing Director of the University of the Washington State Oral Health Foundation. In my local community, I am the Board President of Sharing Alongside Ministry at Shoreline Community Church.
My wife, MaryAnn, and I met during our undergraduate years at the U of W. We have four wonderful grown children and eight beautiful grandchildren. My time outside of the office is focused on my family, but when I do get free time i enjoy fishing, listening to music, and traveling.
What Sets Us Apart
- Only Blocks Away from Amazon
- Free Teeth Whitening for New Patients
- Same-Day CEREC Dental Crowns
- Invisalign Provider
- Seattle Met Top Dentist for 9 Years
- Free Invisalign Consultations
- Friendly, Relaxing Atmosphere for All Ages
- Technologically Advanced Dental Care
- Blankets & Pillows Provided During Treatment
- Most Comfortable & Efficient Dental Treatments
- Validated Parking at Pacific Place
- Botox® Cosmetic Injections